Monday, February 21, 2011

Dhoraji by Abdur Razzaq Thaplawala

Dhoraji
 BY: ABDUR RAZZAQ THAPLAWALA
 Rajkot & Junagadh road showing Gondal & Jetpur mile stone
Before reaching Dhoraji, we went through Upleta by pass. We started for Rajkot at 2;30 P.M through Sardargadh. We reached Sardargadh at 3:00 P.M. and proceeded towards Dhoraji. Dhoraji is a sprawling city. We went to see the Mazaar of Peer Sailani and the Mosque near it.In Dhoraji, we went to Dhoraji branch of Memon cooperative Bank Limited and met its Manger Mr. Aqeel R. Patel. He said that the bank had deposits of Rs. 10 crore on 31st March, 2004. The total loans amounted to Rs. 3 crore at the year ended on 31st March, 2004 and bank made profit of Rs. 25 lacs during that year. Mr. Imran A. Furniturewala is Chairman AND Mr. A. Majid Patka is the Vice Chairman of the Bank. The Bank has 70 branches all over Gujrat and in Mumbai. The Bank was established by Late Janab Al-Haaj Zakaria Aghari.
   

 Entrance to Dhoraji
After Dhoraji, we proceeded towards Rajkot. We reached Rajkot in evening time on 23rd March, 2005. I had a booking to leave Rajkot by evening flight next day on 24th March, 2005. Since I was very much tired and nothing to do at Rajkot, I decided to go to Mumbai next morning. I went to Airport and changed my flight to morning flight. From Airport, we proceeded to Imperial Hotel where a delegation of World Memon Organization had arrived on that very day. The delegation was ready to proceed to a dinner function of Saurastra Memon Jamat. My name was included in the delegation but I apologized to the President of World Memon Organization Haji A. Razzak Yaqoob Gandhi and Dr. Nasir Y. Fulara that being tired I will not be able to attend the Dinner and accompany them to UPLETA next morning.  At the Rajkot function, the Sourastra Memon Jamat had reserved a trophy and shawl for me but as I could not attend their function they sent the trophy to my hotel in Mumbai. I will always cherish this beautiful trophy reminding me of visit to my birth place. I stayed in hotel Royal Inn near Rajkot Airport and proceeded to Mumbai by Jet Airways Flight No. 9W-3410 on the morning of 24th March, 2005. At Mumbai I stayed at Hotel Suba Palace where all senior members from Karachi were staying. It was at a walking distance from Taj Hotel where all the functions of WMO where being held.
Masjid of Hazrat Khwaja Mohkmuddin Sailani Dhoraji
(Also called Khuwaja Mehkum-ud-Din Serani Masjid)

Zakaria Aghadi community hall Dhoraji

 Masjid-e-Sailani Dhoraji.



1 comment:

Ghaffar Variend said...

Brother Abdur Razzaq Thaplawala a great Memon writer and historian. The article you posted is excellent.

Post a Comment